A daily-use revitalizing serum that treats the scalp with amino acids, minerals, and powerful botanicals that help rebalance oil levels and maintain healthy hair growth.
- Start with a dry or towel-dried scalp.
- Using a full dropper of Serum, disperse the Serum across the entire scalp a few drops at a time.
- Massage with your fingertips and rinse hands.
- The active formula may create a warming sensation which should dissipate within a few minutes.
- To boost volume, blow-dry after application.
- Apply daily.
- Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes.
- WATER (Aqua), GLYCERIN, POLYGLYCERYL-10 CAPRYLATE, [PANAX GINSENG ROOT EXTRACT (Ginseng), ARGININE, ACETYL TYROSINE, ARCTIUM MAJUS ROOT EXTRACT (Burdock Root), HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, ZINC GLUCONATE, NIACINAMIDE, CITRULLINE, ORNITHINE HCL, GLUCOSAMINE HCL, BIOTIN] (Trichogen), SYRINGA VULGARIS LEAF CELL EXTRACT (Lilac Stem Cell), CUCURBITA PEPO SEED OIL (Pumpkin Seed), CITRUS AURANTIUM BERGAMIA FRUIT OIL (Bergamot), PTEROCARPUS MARSUPIUM BARK EXTRACT (Malabar Kino Bark), AVENA SATIVA BRAN EXTRACT (Oat), VANILLYL BUTYL ETHER (Hotflux), ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PANTHENOL, SORBITOL, DISODIUM SUCCINATE, GLUTAMIC ACID, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, XANTHAN GUM, PROPANEDIOL, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN, CAPRYLYL/CAPRYL GLUCOSIDE, CITRIC ACID
Cruelty-Free | Dermatologist Approved
Designed to detoxify, fortify & revive
Our customers have a lot to say!
How it works
Activating Serum helps to stimulate follicles to promote hair growth for people who are experiencing common hair loss issues such as: Androgenetic Alopecia, Male Pattern Hair Loss, Female Pattern Hair Loss, Telogen Effluvium, Postpartum Hair Loss, Hashimoto’s Disease, and more.
- Stimulates microcirculation to the hair follicles
- Helps strengthen fragile strands, preventing breakage at the root
- Controls and balances oil production
- Deters yeast and bacteria that can interfere with hair growth
Lilac Stem Cells
Active plant cells that repair strand damage, reduce scalp irritation, and stimulate cell energy at the root for healthier, shinier hair.
An ancient herbal remedy that stimulates scalp microcirculation, helps restore the natural hair growth cycle, and inhibits the creation of DHT, the main hormone responsible for hair loss.
A powerful herbal remedy with moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that prevents bacteria and yeast build-up on the scalp and suppresses inflammation of the hair follicles.
Also known as vitamin B7, biotin helps strengthen and prevent hair breakage at the root by coating and fortifying the strand itself. It also has properties that protect the scalp against environmental stressors.
Malabar Kino Bark
Derived from the dark sap of the Indian kino tree, this ingredient has antimicrobial, antifungal, and astringent properties that balance scalp oil and prevent infection of the hair follicles.
Our ingredient choices—what's in the bottle, and what's not—are based on what has been tested and what works.Learn More About Our Ingredients
Meet Our Medical Advisory Board
We work with a lot of exceptional and thoughtful people—like the dermatologists, chemists, and medical doctors on our Medical & Scientific Advisory Board, who help guide our product innovation and research.
We’re here for you. Our team is on standby Monday - Friday from 10am -4pm PST.
We want you to ask questions
Our scalp wellness experts have the answers you need.
While the underlying causes of hair thinning can be different for men and women, everything we make here at Collective Laboratories is designed to work for all people–regardless of gender.
Yes! Prevention is the most effective measure that you can take against thinning hair. The active botanicals and science-backed ingredients in Activating Serum help nourish your scalp and maintain follicle health. With regular use, Activating Serum helps maintain your hair’s normal growth cycle.
You wouldn’t use an anti-aging cream once and expect to see results, right? The same goes for your hair. Consistency is key when it comes to supporting the health of your scalp and strands, and it’s the little steps you take every day that really make a difference.That’s why we decided to offer Activating Serum in a subscription – so it’s easier to continue supporting your hair every day.
Activating Serum starts working immediately, but it can take up to three months for you to see noticeable results simply because it takes a while for your hair cycle to respond to treatment. Patience and consistency are key; new hair doesn’t happen overnight.
We source ingredients from around the world, but we make our products in our lab in California.
Yes, our products work with internal prescription hair loss medications like finasteride and topical medications like minoxidil. If you are using other topical medications, please check with your doctor first before layering treatments.